When choosing between crowns and veneers, it is important to focus on the benefits of each. Although they can both drastically improve the look of your teeth, they do so in slightly different ways. Consider the following:
Why Choose Dental Crowns?
– They can conceal teeth that have previous treatments such as dental implants, root canals, and dental fillings.
– They are beneficial for teeth that have been damaged to the point that an extraction would be necessary otherwise.
– They are helpful for split, cracked, fractured, broken, worn down, discolored, stained, and decayed teeth.
Why Choose Dental Veneers?
– They are highly effective at covering surface stains and damage on the front of your teeth.
– They are fully customizable and can even be shaped to help correct spacing issues and similar malocclusions.
– They are a wise choice when you wish to remove as little tooth enamel as possible, as crowns require more enamel to be removed.
– Dental veneers are extremely thin and lightweight and will not affect the natural movement or function of a great smile.
If you would like to learn more about dental crowns or dental veneers, book an appointment with Paul Neumann, DDS, contact us at our dentist office in Plaquemine, Louisiana. Our number is 225-687-4366. Dr. Paul Neumann and our entire team look forward to your visit.