Did you know, some foods are hazardous to your teeth? We all know sugar can be a threat to your oral health, but did you know there are other foods that can harm your teeth too? Poor food choices can result in poor oral health, which is why our dentist, Dr. Paul Neumann in Plaquemine, Louisiana, is happy to warn you against the dangerous foods that can threaten your oral health.
Here are the foods to avoid for healthy teeth:
– Stay away from products that can easily fracture your teeth, which includes hard products that are difficult to bite into. Don’t forget that ice can also cause damage to your teeth.
– Exercise caution with products that have a high sugar content. Sugar is known to cause dental erosion.
– Exercise caution with products that have a great of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates can be converted into sugar.
– The longer that food particles are in contact with your teeth, the greater the risk and rate at which tooth decay can occur. For this reason, avoid sticky and chewy snacks.
– Try to avoid foods that can easily end up lodged between your teeth, since they can be difficult to remove and can lead to further oral health issues.
As you can see, sugars are bad for your smile, but foods that are high in acids are dangerous to your oral health, too. To avoid poor oral health, try to keep your smile healthy with a balanced diet and good oral hygiene habits. If you have questions about your oral health or need help with a problem, please call us at 225-687-4366 to set up an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to help you and your smile.